Berlin is the capital city and one of sixteen states of Germany. With a population of 3.4 million in its city limits, Berlin is the country's largest city. It is the second most populous city and the ninth most populous urban area in the European Union. Located in northeastern Germany, it is the center of the Berlin-Brandenburg metropolitan area, comprising 5 million people from over 180 nations.
- ufaFabrik, International Center for Culture and Ecology
- Berlin beats London and Washington DC in league table of world’s best democratic space, 8 August 2012 
- Berlin is a member of the Large Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Sehr gut: Why cycling in Berlin is a dream. Wide streets, bikes in parks, cycling culture ... 10 reasons why the German capital is a marvellous place to cycle 
- Prinzessinnengärten (Princess gardens)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|