- Environmental philanthropy still represents less than 3% of total UK philanthropy. Total grants directed towards mitigating climate change account for less than 0.7% of total UK philanthropy. Source: Where the Green Grants Went 5 Where the Green Grants Went 5, (PDF) Jon Cracknell, Heather Godwin, Nick Perks and Harriet Williams, Latest analysis of UK environmental philanthropy. Published Jan 2012.
- Less than 2% of charitable grants in the UK are directed to environmental charities and less than 5% of the £8bn of private donations in the UK go to environmental causes, despite growing public concern about the natural world. Source: Green Philanthropy, report by New Philanthropy Capital, October 2007
- Collaborative Funding is the New Collaborative Consumption, By Nathaniel James, 04.09.12, 
News and comment UK
See separate article - Funding information UK news
Wanted pages and external links
- Funding for sustainable development - Information from the government's Sustainable Development Unit
- www.governmentfunding.org.uk - Portal to grants for the voluntary and community sector.
- Climate change communications initiative fund - read the funding criteria and register to receive application packs in January (2006) by visiting the website www.climatechallenge.gov.uk/fund.html. Closing date for applications will be March 31 2006. Defra press relase / "Tomorrow's Climate, Today's Challenge", December 1 2005
- Village SOS Competition, around 250 awards of between £10,000 and £30,000 to kick start community businesses. Entry form deadline: 5pm, Thursday 20 October 2011
- shareable.net, 04.09.12
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.