- "Information wants to be free." Stewart Brand
- "Reciprocity is key to the power of networks, the alchemy of mutual give and take over time turning to a golden trust . . ." Karen Stephenson
- "...the growing connectedness of the world is the most important social and economic fact of our times." Geoff Mulgan
- "The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation." Bertrand Russell
- "Everytime I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H. G. Wells
- "The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." Winston Churchill
- "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom. The world henceforth will be run by synthesizers, people able to put together the right information at the right time, think critically about it, and make important choices wisely." E. O. Wilson
- "The global city is not London, New York, Tokyo or Jo'berg -- it is the part of each which is connected to an analogous part in each of the others. The global city is a distributed phenomenon. There is only one global city, and it floats on top of the others like lace." Manuel Castells
- "In an ideal society, everyone should work for the wellbeing of others." Mencius
- “It’s not me that is ‘hard to reach’ it’s those people with the money & power that are”, anon person described as excluded, Dave Press
- "Every individual counts, every individual has a role to play, every individual makes a difference." Jane Goodall W / Category:Personal options
- “Every town is a transition town because we are on a transitioning planet,” Paul Hawken, axiomnews.ca / Transition towns
- “Empowering the individual and underinvesting in the collective is our great macro danger as a society,” Craig Charney.
- "The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit." Nelson Henderson
- "Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean" Ryunosuke Satoro
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.