Action individuals can take to reduce pollution. Edit
Road vehicles are a major source of many pollutants in urban areas.
- Before using your car ask yourself - do I really need to make this journey? Do I really need to use the car, or could I walk or cycle?
- If you must drive, switch off the engine if you expect to be stationary for more than a couple of minutes, and
- drive smoothly - it will save you fuel and money and you will emit less pollution.
- Avoid overfilling the petrol tank and spilling petrol - this evaporates and releases hydrocarbons that are toxic and form ozone.
- Use only fuel efficient cars. Avoid SUVs.
- Buy water-based or low-solvent paints, glues, varnishes, and wood preservatives wherever you can.
- Avoid burning solid fuels if you can.
Reducing pollution - personal options - your questions Edit
Please fee free to list below any questions you suggest need answering
Releated topics Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.