“It’s not me that is ‘hard to reach’ it’s those people with the money & power that are”, anon person described as excluded, Dave Press / Inspiring Quotes
Action Ideas Edit
- Homeless projects
- Fuel poverty projects
- Sensory gardens
- Multicultural events
- Community walking projects
- Advocate expenses for volunteers, so that no-one should be out of pocket from volunteering, and it isn't something just for those that can afford it
- The Equality Pledge, The Equality Trust, sign or encourage your election candidates to sign
Why it matters
Comment Global 2010 Edit
|Inequality as Policy? Feb 09 |
- Monitoring poverty and social exclusion 2005 by Guy Palmer, Jane Carr and Peter Kenway, published by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation is available via their website
- Mobilising Britain’s Missing Workforce, Unemployment, incapacity benefit, and the regions, Steve Fothergill and John Grieve Smith, Catalyst Working Paper published: September 2005, ISBN 1 904508 16 2 Paperback: 40 pages
- Participatory approaches to research on poverty, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, March 2004. This study, by Fran Bennett with Moraene Roberts, gives an overview of 'participatory' approaches to research and inquiry into poverty in the UK. 'Participatory' approaches respect the expertise of people with direct experience of poverty and give them more control over the research process and more influence over how findings are used. A free pdf version of the report (0.3 Mb) can be downloaded via the website.
- Equality Trust
- Inclusion Website of the Centre for Economic and Social Inclusion
- New Policy Institute Think tank
- Monitoring Poverty and Social Exclusion Authoritative UK site for statistics on poverty and social exclusion. Latest available data from official sources
- Toc H, community-based charity, which strives to promote the importance of bringing all sectors of society together, regardless of culture, religion or race.
- Groundswell, UK wide charity concerned with user involvement and self-help organisation working the field of homelessness in the UK.
- Social Exclusion Unit Part of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (government)
- Environments For All
- Community cohesion - Infomation from the Home Office
- minimum income standard (Economic inclusion?)
- We Are Visible, empowering the homeless via social media
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.